POSITION: Desk Attendant
GRADE AND SALARY: 22
LOCATION: King’s College Campus
POSITION REPORTS TO: Investigator
Desk Attendant -- Provides element of security to Campus Hall(s). Responsible for controlling access into Campus Hall(s).
Desk Gym -- Provides Security into facility assuring access permitted only by authorized persons.
This position is considered part of the essential personnel duties of the college.
1. Checks all identification cards of students, guests, and visitors upon their entrance into a Campus Hall. Updates visitor logs and assists visitors and students.
2. Thorough knowledge of college policies, rules, and regulations pursuant to personnel, security manuals.
3. Periodically checks fire alarm procedure and other emergency requirements.
4. Is courteous and establishes good public relations with all persons coming in contact i.e. faculty, staff, students, visitors and general public.
5. Distribution of student mail.
6. Deals with emergency situations by contacting appropriate college personnel and departments, such as Security Services and the Director of Residence Life.
7. Thorough knowledge of college policies, rules, and regulations.
8. Checks all identification cards of students, faculty and guests upon their entrance into Scandlon Gym or Recreation Center.
9. Maintains accurate records of facilities used, and security closing log.
10. Deals with emergency situations by contacting appropriate college personnel and departments, such as Security Services or Department Heads.
11. Establishes good public relations with all persons using the Scandlon Gym facilities.
12. Secures premise at the end of tour of duty.
13. Appropriate use and management of a personal King’s College email account.
14. Use and management of a personal King’s College Web Advisor account.
Schedule: Various days and shifts.
1. Performs other duties or assignments as directed, requested or assigned.
2. Willing to cover shifts due to vacations and sick time.
REQUIRED SKILLS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate. Responsible and reliable. The ability to relate well with people in a courteous and pleasant manner; ability to speak clearly and communicate effectively; ability to deal with emergency situations in a calm and effective manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD COMPLETE AN ON-LINE APPLICATION.