POSITION: Part Time Grounds person
DEPARTMENT: Buildings and Grounds
LOCATION: Athletic Complex/King’s Campus
POSITION REPORTS TO: Grounds Supervisor
HOURS: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
JOB FUNCTION: Performs all grounds maintenance and mechanical duties assigned, at both Betzler Fields and King’s campus. This position also involves performance of general maintenance duties as required by the Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds or designated supervisor.
1. Grass cutting, weeding, pruning and various other grounds related duties.
2. Lines playing fields for baseball, softball, football, soccer, field hockey, etc, using a striping machine.
3. Maintains field house at Betzler by performing minor tasks such as: changing lightbulbs, minor faucet and toilet repairs and other minor building repairs.
4. Maintains and repairs lawn and other grounds equipment.
5. Weekend work is required (as assigned) during all 12 months of the calendar year.
6. Operating and maintaining all of the College’s snow removal equipment.
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Experience in lawn care and turf management. Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions. Ability to get along with others, ability to read and write, thoroughness, dependability, and cleanliness are required.
Some duties require lifting, bending and climbing steps and working from ladders and or lifts and ability to lift 50 to 75 lbs. on a regular basis.
GrndsMaintAthlCmplx updated 8/17
INTERESTED APPLICANTS SHOULD COMPLETE AN ON-LINE APPLICATION.