COMPETENCY GROWTH PLAN IN INFORMATION LITERACY
|The student will be able to locate, understand, and use the major facilities, services, and research tools of the Library: card catalog, periodical indexes, reference works, microfilm readers, inter-library loans and reference librarians.
The student will be able to use the MLA Style of Documentation.
|Basic Library Skills Workbook completed in CORE 100, and CORE 110 during the fall semester.
CORE 110: Effective Writing
|1. The student completes with a grade of �Pass� the worksheets supplied with the Basic Library Skills Workbook.
2. The student develops and implements a simple search strategy.
3. The student distinguishes sources that provide facts from sources that present opinion, e.g., explains the difference between general and specialized dictionaries and encyclopedias.
4. The student compares and contrasts sources and discovers points of agreement and disagreement.
5. The student recognizes and author�s ownership of an idea opinion.
6. The student distinguishes popular from scholarly materials.
7. The student records bibliographic information and creates a correct bibliographic citation.
8. The student correctly uses and cites sources in at least one of the papers required in CORE 110.
Back to Competency Growth Plans
Last Revision: 30 November 2004
This website, its author, and/or provider do not necessarily agree with and are not responsible for the information, opinion, or views of linked pages and sites. The contents of this handbook at this server are Copyright © MMIIII by CELT, King's College, or the copyright holder listed at the bottom of each page. If you use any information, please give proper credit and notify the copyright holder or this center.
Direct comments, questions or other issues to the Director of CELT.
This page has had
CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE IN LEARNING AND TEACHING | Back to King's College | Back to HELP Home