Minutes of Curriculum & Teaching Committee
September 5, 2007
Present: Brian Pavlac (Chair), Kristi Concannon (Chair-elect), Margaret
Corgan, Joseph Evan, Kyle Fetterolf, Hamid Hosseini, Paul Lindenmuth, Jonathan
Malesic, Dr. Nicholas Holodick, Vice-President for Academic Affairs
1. The meeting was called to order at 4:00 p.m. in Sheehy-Farmer 115.
2. The minutes from the meeting on August 31 were accepted as amended.
3. There was a discussion of items related to the First Year Experience Seminar (FYE) and the new Core. Several questions and issues were raised, including the potential for confusion due to the similarity in names, whether some content presently in FYE might be more appropriately handled in FYS (the proposed First Year Seminar Core course), and whether or not FYE should be considered a part of the Core. It was agreed that time at a future meeting would be devoted to a discussion of such matters with Bob McGonigle, Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, and perhaps others from Students Affairs.
4. The committee discussed the roles of CARTS and CART Coordinators both in general and in the process for implementing the new Core. The chair will draft a job description for the position of CART Coordinator and a document providing a charge to the CARTS.
5. After a brief discussion, it was agreed that the numbering of courses in the new Core will be examined in detail at a future meeting.
The meeting adjourned at 4:59 p.m.
C&T | Back to King's College | Back to C&T home | Back to 2007-2008 Schedule & Minutes