Minutes of Curriculum & Teaching Committee
December 7th, 2007
Present: Brian Pavlac (Chair), Kristi Concannon (Chair-elect), Margaret Corgan, Joseph Evan, Kyle Fetterolf, Hamid Hosseini, Michael Little, Jonathan Malasic, James Wallace, Dr. Nicholas Holodick, Vice-President for Academic Affairs.
1. Meeting was called to order at 2:00
2. Minutes from 11/16/07 were reviewed. It was suggested that all motions be noted in minutes. The minutes will be amended to include more specific information about the motions that were passed. A motion was made to approve the minutes from November 16, 2007 with the changes to be made. This motion was passed.
3. the committee was informed that Faculty Council accepted the Proposal for New Major/Minor Policy without changes.
4. Discussion was held regarding the document “The Core endorsed by C & T, 16 November 2007” with suggestions and the following resolutions/motions.
5. Examples of a template of a generic Core Advisement document was discussed. This is a working document to be used for students to keep track of core requirements.
6. Compensation for CART Coordinators document was discussed.
i. Item 4) The category “Arts” will be added
ii. In the example tabulation “I” will be removed and Joseph Evan will be added.
7. FYS CART concern was raised by Jim Wallace. States this cart is extremely large. Discussed wish for an advisory board to assist with overseeing this large CART. Will follow with CART discussion.
8. The Core web site was discussed. Brian will explore options and provide examples.
9. Spring Semester Meetings were reviewed. Meetings will be held at 2 pm on Fridays on the following dates: January 18th, February 1st, February 15th, February 29th, and April 18th. Additional dates will be added. Members present indicated availability on MW and TH for additional times. Will be discussed in January.
10. Review of Materials from CARTS
Meeting was adjourned at 3:45 pm
C&T | Back to King's College | Back to C&T home | Back to 2007-2008 Schedule & Minutes