MAY 16, 2005
KING'S BASEBALL EARNS ECAC TOURNAMENT BERTH
(Monarchs to face top-seeded Keystone at W&J)
WILKES-BARRE -- The King's College baseball team has been selected to
participate in the Eastern College Athletic Conference Southern Region
Tournament slated for Friday at Washington & Jefferson College,
King's (24-14), which has set a school record for single-season wins, is
seeded fourth in the field of four teams and will face top-seeded
Keystone (30-11) in the first game Friday at 9:00 a.m.
The other first-round pairing between second-seeded host Washington &
Jefferson (31-14) and third-seeded Penn State Behrend (27-16) is set for
The two winners will then play at 3:00 p.m. for the ECAC Southern Region
The Monarchs, under the direction of third-year coach Jerry Greeley,
finished in second-place in the Freedom Conference regular-season
standings and were third in the Freedom Conference Tournament.
Washington & Jefferson narrowly missed an NCAA tournament berth after
finishing in second place in the President's Athletic Conference
Tournament after falling to Westminster College by a 5-3 count.
Penn State Behrend dropped a 9-4 decision to Pitt-Bradford in the
championship game of the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference to
also miss out on an NCAA national tournament berth.
ECAC Southern Region Championship, May 20, 2005
at Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, Pa.
Game 1: #1 Keystone (30-11) vs. #4 King's (24-14), 9:00 a.m.
Game 2: #3 Penn State Behrend (27-16) vs. #2 Washington & Jefferson
(31-14), 12:00 p.m.
Game 3: Winners Play for ECAC Southern Region Title, 3:00 p.m.
Directions to Washington & Jefferson College (from King's)
From: 133 N River St Wilkes Barre, PA 18711-0800 US
To: 60 S Lincoln St Washington, PA 15301-4812 US
Driving Directions - from King's College
1. Start out going SOUTHWEST on N RIVER ST toward W UNION ST. (0.45
2. Turn LEFT onto W NORTHAMPTON ST. (1.34 miles)
3. Turn RIGHT onto ramp. (0.22 miles)
4. Merge onto PA-309 BR S/WILKES-BARRE TOWNSHIP BLVD. (0.99 miles)
5. Merge onto I-81 S. (114.00 miles)
6. Take the US-11 exit- EXIT 52- toward NEW KINGSTOWN/MIDDLESEX/I-76/PENNA
TURNPIKE. (0.30 miles)
7. Take the PA-11 S ramp toward TURNPIKE. (0.06 miles)
8. Merge onto US-11/HARRISBURG PIKE. (0.94 miles)
9. Merge onto I-76 W/PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE W toward PITTSBURGH (Portions
toll). (152.59 miles)
10. Merge onto I-70 W via EXIT 75 toward US-119/COLUMBUS/WHEELING.
11. Take EXIT 20 toward PA-136/BEAU STREET. (0.11 miles)
12. Turn LEFT onto LAKEVIEW DR. (0.10 miles)
13. Turn LEFT onto E BEAU ST/PA-136. (0.89 miles)
14. Turn LEFT onto S WADE AVE. (0.21 miles)
15. Turn RIGHT onto E WHEELING ST. (0.25 miles)
16. Turn RIGHT onto S LINCOLN ST/US-19 N. (0.04 miles)
17. End at 60 S Lincoln St Washington, PA 15301-4812 US
Total Estimated Time: 5 hours, 7 minutes
Total Distance: 311.39 miles
To view your driving directions, click on this link:
MapQuest: Where to go, how to get